Monday, August 02, 2004

Well, today's another birthday. The last year has been filled with a variety of emotions and events,
good and bad. I've a child who is now legally an adult in some senses of the word. I've another who is learning to drive. I've a third who has moved from spending nearly all his time on video games and animation to nearly all his time socializing with girls... And even the baby isn't a baby any longer - he too is growing up to be a young man, dating, varying interests, etc.

I'm trying to deal with what this means to me, facing motality and even more financial issues than before; sobering reality about what impact my life has made in the world, and dealing with looking into
a future that may be pretty lonely. Along with that, I've increasing pain from the top of my head to the soles of my feet and other physical issues.

I am proud of who my children are turning out to be - well... I'd love to see the oldest get a job. But he is trying to ... he's just not had any luck so far finding something. So at least they are something that has gone right to some degree in my life.

No comments: