Monday, October 25, 2004

Have you heard these guys?

Oh, I forgot.
I took my boys, and a friend of theirs, to hear Roper Saturday evening. About 100 or so people turned out. Most were quite a bit younger than myself.

There were 3 bands playing. I didn't know of the first two - I'm not even certain of their names.

The third band was Roper. One of the members of this band, Reese, was formerly in Five Iron Frenzy, Guerilla Rodeo, and two or three other bands. I really respected his work in FIF, so I was interested in seeing the new band.

Ben (my eldest) had bought their CD which was released Oct 19th. Of the cuts there, I found a couple that I liked
(1985 is the one I like the best).

Their Saturday nite gig was primarily the new album, with one or two cuts missing and one or two other songs tossed in.

What I enjoyed the most was the energy that Reese brought to the stage. He seemed truly to enjoy himself, and he lifted the crowd (who was already energetically waiting to see them) to a higher energy level. It was a fun night, and I found myself respecting Reese even more than before.

If you get a chance to see Roper, try them out.


No comments: