Monday, December 06, 2004

Man, am I tired. I had a migrain most of yesterday. Then, around 10:30 pm or so my 19 yr old called home and wanted me to come out and help a stranger he had met to jump his car. When I tried to respectfully decline the honor, he got mad and hung up. Then, as I tried to go to bed, another child informed me that there was a strong likelihood of failing a couple of courses because of a lack of understanding material in the courses. Of course, this had to wait until mere hours before they had to arrive at school and face the possible consequences...

So sick as I was, I was up nearly 1 am trying to help them understand things like determinants and solving linear equations with 3 variables (we were not successful, I am afraid), as well as learning things like calculating taxi fare, reading train schedules, calculating interest on bonds, etc.

Sigh.

And of course, the weekend also held such treats as learning that one of the young people is making plans to move into an apartment with friends, and ... oh by the way, have I seen their work badges, their driving license, their bank card, ....

On the better side, Saturday I took the two younger gentlemen to a teen Bible quiz in southern Ohio, where their team came in first in the competition bracket and one of the two had the third highest score in his division.

No comments: