Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Well, watched some of Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi the past couple of days. Reminds me of some of the hokier series that ran in my day.

Also, had a weird experience with my TiVO . I don't remember if I've mentioned it, but I'm almost addicted to my tivo. I've had it a year now. In that time, I've upgraded it to 322 hours, and the family's easily filled that much space up .

Yesterday, I was watching some old shows when I first noticed that I was not able to delete things I'd just watched. In exploring that I also noticed that a series that I follow daily wasn't being taped.
I tried to directly record it, and that didn't work.

So I popped over into the recording history file to check on the problem. There I find that tivo is recording an "internal error 4" for recordings.
I decide to restart tivo since it was obviously not helping to just sit there.

I popped over to http://www.tivocommunity.com/ and found someone else giving that same advice, so I felt good.

I checked and after the reboot, deletes worked again as did record. Thankfully the show was rerunning later, so I was able to get the missing episode.

But wait - the weirdness continues! I decided to check to see how far back the problem had occurred.
I found that, around 1 pm yesterday, tivo was reporting shows were not recording because the power was off to the tivo.

Hmm - how does it know that - if the power is off?
I look back and see the same thing for the previous 3 or 4 hours.

Weirdly enough, my family that was at home at the time doesn't recall the power being off at all!

No comments: