Monday, January 10, 2005

Looks like things are back to working, sort of. This morning I tried to update and got a blogger server error message and lost my log entry :-(

Friday, I went with my 3 boys and about 2 dozen other friends to Ohio Deli, here in Columbus Ohio, to eat the "Dagwood Challenge". In 30 minutes, eat a side of french fries, 3 lbs of deli meat, tomato, lettuce, garlic mayo, cheese and a huge bun served together in a form that was probably 2/3 the side of a regulation basketball. There were about 6 of the 12 or so kids which successfully 'ate the whole thing' - and silly me, I was the lone adult also attempting the feat. But I succeeded as well.

Saturday, I went with 8 teens and 2 of my favorite people (Amy and Mike) to Circleville Ohio to their January Nazarene Teen Bible Quiz Tournament. Our team came in 7th in the morning competition, with one of our quizzers coming in 13th out of over 100 teens in individual scoring.

Saturday night, upon our return, my boys went out to eat on their own, and my wife and I went out to dinner at her favorite spot - Olive Garden.

Sunday we went to church a couple of times, I made lunch, we visited with friends at church after evening service, we came home, discovered the folly of trusting TiVo without question (it didn't record the first hour of the new 24 season!) and watched the first 2 episodes of the anime "Fruit Baskets".

What an exciting weekend! And next weekend is a 3 day weekend for me and a 4 day one for the kids!

No comments: